Sunday, June 18, 2017

New Beginnings

It's time in my life to close a few doors and open some windows. It's time to really make a decision on taking a single path of writing creativity rather than trying to make several different ones work all at the same time.

You see, thanks to the efforts of the owners of various social media platforms, the blogging infrastructure that had built up around politics not as usual was pretty much destroyed. There is no longer an efficient way to get enough views to stay viable.

That being the case, it's time to move on to the one part of my writing that has actually started to build a following: clean romance, as it is called. These are the romance novels that are all story, no sex. Well, at least none that the reader sees. 

In making a go of this, I'm learning along the way. Being from the American Midwest, tooting my own horn has never been looked at with any sort of favor. It was pretty well beaten out of me. Now, I find myself needing to market my own work, speaking of it in glowing terms. What works in political blogging to get the word out, definitely does not work for promoting novels. Plus, when looking around for internet tools to help with the "spread the word" efforts, there are countless ways to do it, and no shortage of advice on how to make it happen.

In short, I'm taking a little bit here and a little bit there, and cobbling together a way to find the clean romance audience and let them know when my new books come out.

It's going to be one heck of a ride.

PH

No comments:

Post a Comment